A clean, vegan take on macaroni and cheese that tastes amazingly
similar to the real thing.
(My mother-in-law even approved! ツ)
You will need:
-1 1/2 carrots (a bunch of baby carrots)
-2 medium potatoes
-1/2 c. cashews
-1 box macaroni noodles
- 1. Peel potatoes, and chop the onion and carrots (if necessary).
2. Soak the cashews in water.
3. Boil two pots of water. Slowly add the vegetables to one. Starting with the potatoes, carrots, then onions in 5 minute intervals.
4. Simultaneously, cook the pasta.
5. Create a seasoning mix to your liking. Be generous with the salt. We used: nutritional yeast, chili powder, steak seasoning, pepper, garlic powder and salt. Be creative-everything’s fine!
4. Place the boiled veggies and soaked and drained cashews in a blender.
5. Add 1 1/2 cups of the boiled vegetable water to blender.
6. Blend together and pour over cooked pasta.
7. Mix together and serve. We love adding imitation bacon bits.